Minimum Education Requirement: High school diploma or GED with 15 college creditsEnlisted
Manning the gun of an HH-60 Pave Hawk or AC-130 Gunship requires extensive training and cool nerves. After all, a talented Aerial Gunner can be the difference between mission success and mission failure. As an Aerial Gunner, you’ll fly missions around the world ranging from rescue to combat with the ultimate responsibility of protecting your aircraft and crew. Training covers weapon operations, weapon repair, night vision goggle use, combat techniques and more.
- Brief passengers as necessary on safety and other procedures
- Perform pre- and post-flight inspections of weapons and airborne systems
- Perform in-flight maintenance of airborne weapon systems and associated equipment
- Ensure availability and maximum use of weapons and weapon systems
- Master electrical, mechanical and hydraulic principles
- Perform scanner duties using night vision goggles
- Read and understand schematics, charts, technical publications and flight manuals
Interested in learning more?